Meturgeman

"May your ears hear what your ears are hearing"

If you are new to my blog, I suggest you start with my introductory post, The Story of the Meturgeman

NEW EMAIL! Contact me at tzvianolick (at) meturgeman (dot) info

Name:
Location: Kochav Yaacov, Israel

Wednesday, July 25, 2007

Pay heed to my rebbe

In a lecture series many years ago about various movements in Judaism, both legitimate and not, Rav Shlomo Riskin said at one point, "The problem with Mitnagdim is that they think they don't need a rebbe. The problem with Chassidim is that they think they have one."

Well, I have a rebbe, and his name is Rav Shlomo Riskin. Without boring you with personal details, he was a tremendous help to me when I was a struggling Ba'al T'shuva, and he was a tremendous influence on me philosophically. Like others that I have quoted, he says what I say, only much better. Here is his D'var Torah for this year's Shabbat Chazon.

If only the voices of Rav Riskin and those like him would be heeded a bit more, maybe we could finally get on that elusive path t0 the true Geula.